Balonne Shire Student Travel Bursary
The Balonne Shire Student Travel Bursaries will be offered twice this year to students who are registered with CUC Balonne and have a permanent home address in the Balonne Region. Bursaries will be available to support students who are travelling to complete placements or residential schools as part of their study.
Bursary value totals $750 per week (up to six weeks) per calendar year that travel away from your home address is required.
Eligibility criteria include:
- Studying through an Australian University or Registered Training Provider
- Completing a unit that requires a work integrated learning or residential school where more than 50km each way of travel is required.
- Registered with the CUC Balonne as a current student.
- Permanent home address within the Balonne region.
Applicants needs to submit:
- Online application form completed.
- Studying through an Australian University or Registered Training Organisation with proof of enrolment in subject requiring placement.
- Two written character references.
- Short (max. 500 words) letter address to the Board of CUC Balonne outlining achievements, future aspirations, and description of how they plan on using the bursary including an acknowledgment of willingness to tell their story through the Country Universities Centre and Balonne Shire Council.
- At the discretion of the panel, consideration will preference financial need. The applicant may include an optional short statement of financial need in the above mentioned letter.
If successful, recipients may be asked for photo and or statement that can be used by CUC Balonne, Balonne Shire Council or relevant Federal department.
This bursary will be open twice in 2023:
- Semester 1: Closed
- Semester 2: Opening July 17 and closing August 17.
Applications need to be submitted through the online form. Bursary payments are made after your institution’s census or fee payment date.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The bursary decisions will be made by an independent panel and may include an interview.